The Year in Sex: The 10 Most-Read Articles on Sex and Psychology in 2021
December 27, 2021 by Justin Lehmiller
2021 was an interesting year to say the least! Our lives and behaviors continued to be altered in a number of ways by the pandemic—one of which was that many of us ended up spending a lot more time online. That led to a rise in people engaging with Sex and Psychology, so at least it was a win for sex ed!
Let’s look back at this year’s ten most read articles on Sex and Psychology. The following posts represent a very diverse range of content and, combined, they have been read hundreds of thousands of times!
There were a few similarities to last year’s list—in fact, five of the top ten articles overlapped. As you’ll see, articles related to orgasms, cuckolding, penis size, and what’s “normal” were especially popular this year, as were articles that addressed questions submitted by readers of the blog.
Here’s the countdown of Sex and Psychology’s ten most-read articles in 2021:
10. Can Abstaining From Masturbation Increase Testosterone (Down from #5 last year)
9. Sex Question Friday: I Want to Watch My Wife Sleep With Someone Else. Is That Normal? (Down from #7 last year. It has been in the top 10 for seven years and remains one of the most popular articles ever published on the site!)
8. How Vasectomies Affect Men’s and Women’s Sex Lives (New entry)
7. Sex Question Friday: Do Women Enjoy Anal Sex? (New entry)
6. How Long Does It Take Men and Women to Reach Orgasm? (Up from #8 last year)
5. The Three Sex Positions Women are Most Likely to Orgasm In (New entry)
4. How Many Women Fantasize About Cuckolding (New entry. There’s always at least one article about cuckolding on this list!)
3. What Kinds of Porn Do Men and Women Watch Most Often? (New entry)
2. “Injaculation”: Is It Dangerous For Guys To Prevent Ejaculation During Orgasm? (The #1 article last year)
1. Fact Check: Are There Really Racial Differences In Penis Size? (The #2 article last year)
Thanks for reading, and here’s to a safe, healthy, happy, and very sexy 2022!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Image Credit: 123RF/enterline
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >