Are Men And Women Really That Different When It Comes To Sex? Join Me For a Course on the Mars/Venus Debate
November 30, 2018 by Justin Lehmiller
The idea that men and women are polar opposites when it comes to sex is a popular one, immortalized in bestselling books like Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus. But are the sexes really that different in their sexual wants and needs? In this lecture and workshop (co-taught with Dr. Zhana Vrangalova), we will explore the most popular stereotypes about gender and sex—such as the idea that men are “wired” for short-term flings and women for long-term relationships—and consider them in light of what the science really says. There are undoubtedly some important gender differences, but as you’ll see, it turns out that much of what we’ve been led to believe about men, women, and sex just doesn’t hold up.
Join us for a lecture and workshop at the V Club in New York City on December 11 to learn more. As you can see below, we will cover a wide range of fascinating topics!
What We Will Cover:
- Is it really true that men have a higher sex drive than women? And how do you navigate a relationship if one partner wants more sex than the other?
- What do men and women fantasize about doing sexually?
- How are men’s and women’s orgasms similar and different? Also, just how big is the “orgasm gap,” and what can we do to close it?
- How do men and women really feel about casual sex? And are there differences in the number of partners men and women report having over the course of their lives?
- Is it true that all women are inherently bisexual? What do we know about sexual fluidity, and does it exist in men, too.
The event will be held on December 11 from 7:00-9:00 PM at the V Club in New York City (152 West 25th Street, Suite 602).
Tickets are available here. Space is limited, so reserve your spot now.
Can’t Make It?
Click here to see a complete list of all of my upcoming speaking engagements in other cities. Hope to see you soon!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology ? Click here for previous articles or follow the blog on Facebook (facebook.com/psychologyofsex), Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit (reddit.com/r/psychologyofsex) to receive updates.
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >