The Year in Sex: The 10 Most-Read Articles on Sex and Psychology in 2019
December 27, 2019 by Justin Lehmiller
As 2019 winds down, let’s look back at this year’s ten most read articles on Sex and Psychology. The following posts represent a very diverse range of content and, combined, they have been read hundreds of thousands of times!
There were quite a few similarities to last year’s list—in fact, seven of the top ten articles overlapped. However, the top two articles this year were brand new entries to the list. Also, as you’ll see, articles related to orgasms, oral and anal sex, penis size, and what’s “normal” were especially popular this year, as were articles that addressed questions submitted by readers of the blog (in fact, six of the top ten articles were Q&As!).
Here’s the countdown of Sex and Psychology’s ten most-read articles in 2019:
10. Does Penis Size Actually Affect Female Sexual Pleasure? (Down from #6 last year)
9. Sex Question Friday: How Does Female-To-Male Gender Affirmation Surgery Work? (Up from #10 last year)
8. Sex Question Friday: How Often Do Married Couples Have Sex? (Up from #9 last year)
7. What Do Sadists and Masochists Actually Do In Bed? (Up from #8 last year)
6. Sex Question Friday: Is “Rimming” Safe? (Down from #3 last year)
4. “Injaculation”: Is It Dangerous For Guys To Prevent Ejaculation During Orgasm? (Down from #1 last year)
3. Sex Question Friday: Do Women Enjoy Anal Sex? (Down from #2 last year)
1. Sex Question Friday: Is “Swallowing” Bad For Your Health? (New entry. This article was originally published in 2014 and it wasn’t even in the top 10 last year—but this year it shot all the way up to #1)
Thanks for reading, and here’s to a safe, healthy, happy, and very sexy 2020!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Image Credit: 123RF/enterline
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >