The Year in Sex: The 10 Most-Read Articles on Sex and Psychology in 2018
December 28, 2018 by Justin Lehmiller
As 2018 winds down, let’s take a look back at this year’s ten most read articles on Sex and Psychology. The following posts represent an incredibly diverse range of content and, combined, have been read hundreds of thousands of times! There were quite a few similarities to last year’s list–in fact, the top five articles this year were all on the list somewhere last year. Also, as you’ll see, articles related to orgasms, anal sex, and what’s “normal” were especially popular this year, as were articles that addressed questions submitted by readers of the blog (in fact, seven of the top ten articles were Q&As!).
Here’s the countdown of Sex and Psychology’s ten most-read articles in 2018:
10. Sex Question Friday: How Does Female-To-Male Sex Reassignment Surgery Work?
9. Sex Question Friday: How Often Do Married Couples Have Sex?
8. What Do Sadists and Masochists Actually Do In Bed?
7. Sex Question Friday: Is It Possible For A Woman To Become A Virgin Again? (Up from #8 last year)
6. Does Penis Size Actually Affect Female Sexual Pleasure?
5. Sex Question Friday: I Want To Watch My Wife Sleep With Someone Else. Is That Normal? (This was the #7 entry on the list last year. It has also made the top 10 for five years running and is currently the 4th most-read article to date on the entire site. Cuckolding is pretty popular!)
4. Sex Question Friday: How Deep Is The Average Vagina? (Also #4 last year)
3. Sex Question Friday: Is “Rimming” Safe? (Up from #5 last year)
2. Sex Question Friday: Do Women Enjoy Anal Sex? (Up from #9 last year)
1. “Injaculation”: Is It Dangerous For Guys To Prevent Ejaculation During Orgasm? (Up from the #2 spot last year)
Thanks for reading, and here’s to a safe, healthy, happy, and very sexy 2019!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Image Credit: 123RF/enterline
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >