The Year in Sex: The 10 Most-Read Articles on Sex and Psychology in 2017
December 29, 2017 by Justin Lehmiller
As 2017 winds down, let’s take a look back at this year’s ten most read articles on Sex and Psychology. The following posts represent an incredibly diverse range of content and, combined, have been read nearly a half-million times! There were quite a few similarities to last year’s list–in fact, the top four articles from last year appeared somewhere on the list again this year. Also, as you’ll see, articles related to orgasms, pornography, and anal sex were especially popular this year, as were articles that addressed questions submitted by readers of the blog (in fact, six of the top ten articles were Q&As!).
Here’s the countdown of Sex and Psychology’s ten most-read articles in 2017:
10. 11 Scientific Facts About The Female Orgasm (This was the #3 entry on the list last year)
9. Sex Question Friday: Do Women Enjoy Anal Sex? (This was the #7 entry on the list last year)
7. Sex Question Friday: I Want To Watch My Wife Sleep With Someone Else. Is That Normal? (This was the #4 entry on the list last year. It has also made the top 10 for four years running.)
6. Sex Question Friday: Why Are So Many Straight Men Into Transsexual Porn? (This was the #6 entry on the list last year, too. Additionally, it has now made the top 10 for four years running.)
5. Sex Question Friday: Is “Rimming” Safe? (This was the #2 entry on the list last year, and #1 in 2015.)
2.“Injaculation”: Is It Dangerous For Guys To Prevent Ejaculation During Orgasm? (This was the #1 entry on the list last year.)
Thanks for reading, and here’s to a safe, healthy, happy, and very sexy 2018!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Image Credit: 123RF/enterline
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >