The Year In Sex: The 10 Most Read Articles on Sex & Psychology in 2016
December 30, 2016 by Justin Lehmiller
As 2016 comes to a close, let’s take a look back at this year’s ten most read articles on Sex and Psychology. The following posts represent an incredibly diverse range of content and, combined, have been read well over a half-million times! There were quite a few similarities to last year’s list–in fact, the top five articles from last year appeared somewhere on the list again this year. Like 2015, articles related to anal sex continued to be especially popular, as were articles that addressed questions submitted by readers of the blog (in fact, seven of the top ten articles were Q&As!).
Here’s the countdown of Sex and Psychology’s ten most-read articles in 2016:
10. Sex Question Friday: Do Women Become “Loose” If They Have A Lot Of Sex?
9. Sex Question Friday: Is Deeper Penetration Better?
8. Death by Sex: 5 of the Most Unusual Sex-Related Deaths
7. Sex Question Friday: Do Women Enjoy Anal Sex?
6. Sex Question Friday: Why Are So Many Straight Men Into Transsexual Porn? (This was the #2 entry on the list last year. Additionally, it has now made the top 10 for three years running.)
5. 10 Mesmerizing Facts About Sexual Attraction (This happened to be the #5 entry on the list last year, too.)
4. Sex Question Friday: I Want To Watch My Wife Sleep With Someone Else. Is That Normal? (This was the #3 entry on the list last year. It has also made the top 10 for three years running.)
3. 11 Scientific Facts About The Female Orgasm
2. Sex Question Friday: Is “Rimming” Safe? (This was the #1 entry on the list last year.)
1.“Injaculation”: Is It Dangerous For Guys To Prevent Ejaculation During Orgasm? (This was the #4 entry on the list last year.)
Thanks for reading, and here’s to a safe, healthy, happy, and very sexy 2017!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Image Credit: iStockphoto
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >