Fourth Blogiversary of Sex and Psychology
November 29, 2015 by Justin Lehmiller
Sex and Psychology is officially four years old! When I first started this blog in 2011, I had no idea what kind of response it would receive, but I couldn’t be more thrilled with the outcome. I am so pleased that Sex and Psychology has become such a widely read and referenced resource for scientifically-based information on sex and sexuality.
Thank YOU for reading and sharing the articles, submitting your questions, and weighing in with your comments. Sex and Psychology is perhaps the single most rewarding aspect of my job and, at this point, I can’t imagine my life without it. I hope you’re looking forward to another year of great sex [research] as much as I am! In the meantime, here are some fun facts and statistics for your reading pleasure.
• Total number of page views in 2015: 1.7+ million
• Current number of social media followers across all channels: 26,000+
• Most popular questions leading people to Sex and Psychology through search engines in 2015: “What is rimming?” and “Is rimming safe?” These were the most popular search questions in 2014, too, which means there’s clearly a lot of interest in this topic. If you want to learn more, here’s some reading material.
• Most unusual search term leading people to Sex and Psychology this year: “strangled penis” (Editor’s Note: “Penile strangulation” is a thing, and here’s why you shouldn’t approach it with anything other than great caution…)
• Most read edition of Sex Question Friday published in 2015: Can “Friends With Benefits” Go Back To Being Friends?
• Most watched sex research video on the blog in 2015: The Science Of Attraction
• Most read infographic on the blog in 2015: Characteristics Of Men Who Have Sex With Animals
Stay tuned for a countdown of the ten most-read articles of the year. There are some truly fascinating entries on the list!
Thank you again for your continued support and readership of the blog!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >