The 10 Sexiest Stories of 2013
December 30, 2013 by Justin Lehmiller
For my final post of the year, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the most read articles on The Psychology of Human Sexuality in 2013 to see what you all found to be the most stimulating. Combined, the ten posts that follow have been read nearly a half million times and they represent an incredibly diverse range of content; however, as was the case with last year’s list, it appears that you all especially enjoy learning about the more unusual side of sex.
With that said, I present you with the 10 sexiest stories of 2013.
10. If a Guy Asked 100 Women on the Street for Sex, How Many Would Say Yes?
9. A Top Ten List of Men’s Sexual Fantasies: Football, Threesomes, Star Wars and More (Editor’s Note: This was the #3 entry on the list last year.)
8. Does Penis Size Actually Affect Female Sexual Pleasure?
7. Panting, and Moaning, and Screaming, Oh My! Why Noisy Sex is Better Sex
6. The 5 Strangest Things Discovered Inside Women’s Vaginas
5. Death by Sex: 5 of the Most Unusual Sex-Related Deaths (Editor’s Note: What was I saying about you all being interested in the stranger side of sex?)
4. What Do Men and Women Focus On When They Watch Porn? The Answer Will Probably Surprise You (Editor’s Note: This was the #2 entry on the list last year. It turns out people like reading about porn!)
3. Characteristics of Men Who Have Sex With Animals (Infographic)
2. Oddities in the History of Contraception: From Coca-Cola Douches to Beaver Testicle Tea
1. Women Reach for Red and Pink Clothes During Ovulation
Thanks again for reading, and here’s to a safe, healthy, happy, and very sexy 2014!
Want to learn more about Sex and Psychology? Click here for more from the blog or here to listen to the podcast. Follow Sex and Psychology on Facebook, Twitter (@JustinLehmiller), or Reddit to receive updates. You can also follow Dr. Lehmiller on YouTube and Instagram.
Image Source: iStockphoto
You Might Also Like:
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >