5 Reasons To Be Thankful For Sex Today And Every Other Day Of The Year
November 22, 2012 by Justin Lehmiller
I know you all are thankful for lots of things today, but let’s not forget to be thankful for sex! Research has found that sex offers numerous benefits, both physical and psychological. In this post, I will highlight just 5, but there are certainly many, many others. So instead of just indulging in food today, consider indulging with your partner too. And remember that sex is a great way to burn off all of that turkey and pie!
1. Frequent orgasms, whether through masturbation or sex, are associated with better physical and psychological health for both men and women. Not only that, but orgasms may also relieve nasal congestion—a handy tip for the upcoming flu season.
2. People who have sex more often report being happier. Hmm…I wonder why?
3. Thinking about sex actually improves logical reasoning. Now you know why all of my blog posts sound so smart.
4. Having sex actually relieves stress for couples. Yes, make-up sex really is that good.
5. You can enjoy the benefits of sex for your entire life. Although you might slow down a little as you get older, you should be glad to know that you’ll never “outgrow” sex.
Image Source: 123rf.com
Dr. Justin LehmillerFounder & Owner of Sex and Psychology
Dr. Justin Lehmiller is a social psychologist and Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute. He runs the Sex and Psychology blog and podcast and is author of the popular book Tell Me What You Want. Dr. Lehmiller is an award-winning educator, and a prolific researcher who has published more than 50 academic works.Read full bio >